jgcb2009

Prophecy of the Sisters
Michelle Zink
Bound to Please
Lilli Feisty
The Chocolate Touch (Amour et Chocolat #4) - Laura Florand Coming off from my first Laura Florand novel, The Chocolate Thief, I was expecting The Chocolate Touch to be of similar vein. Surprisingly it was not. Noticeable still was the author's unique style of writing in vivid imagery. The sensual touch of each word transporting you to Paris and the delightful world of artisanal chocolates. Dominic and Jaime are both well written characters, broken but in their own way survivors of what each had experience. I love this book, it had this quiet tone to it but nevertheless the impact is still very much felt. Each written word was to be savored, lingered on and absorbed. The same way that both characters seem to do, Jaime with the way she seems to absorb Dominic's chocolates and later on Dominic himself and same goes for him with the way he treasures each encounter with Jaime. The ending was skillfully done as well, not totally an HEA but still a very romantic and very real Happily Every Single Day. This is a must read.