jgcb2009

Prophecy of the Sisters
Michelle Zink
Bound to Please
Lilli Feisty
Fiance by Friday - Catherine Bybee I was expecting a fluffy romance and I got one of the best romantic suspense novels I've read this year. Catherine Bybee's unique writing style kept me at the edge of my seat. The plot was simple, however, the tension and suspense was kept tight that the reader's interest never waned. The resolution of the conflict was well done, with plausible explanations as to why certain events happened. The character of Gwen and Neil was well developed. Although the book is part of a series, with some of the past characters coming into play there was never any doubt that this was all about Gwen and Neil and dealing with Neil's past. Their appearance simply enhanced the suspense aspect of the book, keeping it moving forward. Gwen and Neil's relationship did not have that instant lust and love happening since apparently in the past books, the attraction to one another has already started and just simmered along. Gwen's character was definitely one of the positives, with her elegance, her wanting independence and not relying on anyone even for her protection definitely just emphasized how smart she was and pragmatic. Wonderful combination in a female character. She was definitely not a damsel in distress but more of the knight in shining armor. Neil's reluctance to engage in anything more with her is understandable as well. He has to deal with a lot of stuff in his past that isn't easy to actually get over with as people with the same background will understand. Overall, this is one fantastic ride and I will definitely will want to read more from this author.*Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing the ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*