jgcb2009

Michelle Zink
Bound to Please
Lilli Feisty

Just One Day

Just One Day (e-novella) - Sharla Lovelace I really like this story, although very short I think it did work within the boundaries of the theme which is the title itself, Just One Day. Andie was given 24 hours by her significant other to think about his proposal. Of which she publicly threw up on, literally, the night before. You would think after 2 years of being in the relationship it would have been obvious what the answer would be. Instead she took the 24 hours and just drove destination unknown. Call it fate, she ends up in an out of the way diner and ends up face to face with her unforgetable and hot one day romance that happened twenty years before. And the next twenty four hours becomes memorable as well.I like the tone of the story, I like the fact that Andie is in her forties and still so very much looking for that undefinable thing called love. I like the way the author was able to put together a tale that on paper looks really simple but ends up with a lot of other things as well. The main character of Jesse and Andie were well fleshed out, for such a short piece you were given a complete picture of what these two people were all about. The only downside was that I wanted more, more from these two characters and more development of their story. But as a short novella it was an engaging and entertaining read making Sharla Lovelace another author for me to watch out for.